Gambling can be a highly addictive activity. Thanks to the expansion of online gambling, making gambling services far more easily accessible then in the past, there has been a marked increase in the number of people who report experiencing compulsive gambling tendencies.
If you feel that your gambling is starting to become problematic you should ensure that you are familiar with the various services available to help you manage your gambling, the tools offered by online gambling operators to help their players and your rights as laid out and enforced by the various gambling regulators.
'Responsible Gambling' is a term used within the gambling industry to describe the policies and strategies put in place to help players to gamble in a manner that is not detrimental to their health, and to stay within limits that they can reasonably afford.
Controlling your Gambling– Internationally available support group provided to assist problem gamblers and their loved ones.
– This is an international support group that operates by setting up meetings for those with gambling problems to allow for discussion and support in overcoming addictions. Meetings are held in private so that attendees can share their experiences confidentially. It should be noted that Gamblers Anonymous run a large number of country specific websites.
– A sister service to Gamblers Anonymous specifically targeted at providing help and support to the friends, families and loved ones of gambling addicts.
US Focused Services
- The University of Nevada, Reno has published a guide to gambling addiction, including references to facts and statistics and details of hotlines, support groups and other resources.
UK Focused Services
热血传奇sf – This is one of the most prominent gambling addiction support groups operating in the industry today. They function as a charity via voluntary donations from the gambling industry.
– GamCare provide a support service offering both advice and counselling for problem gamblers and their friends and family. Their National Gambling Helpline, providing information, advice and support for anyone affected by gambling problems - advisers are available 24 hours a day on Freephone 0808 8020 133 or via web chat This service is funded as part of BeGambleAware.org.
– provides advice, education and therapeutic support to problem gamblers, as well as an intensive residential treatment programme - for more information visit the website or call 01384 241292
The first recommendation we would make to anyone who is feeling like they need help to control their gambling would be to install BetBlocker on all their internet capable devices. BetBlocker is what is known as “filtering software”. This app allows you to block your internet capable devices from accessing any online gambling operator’s website. You can select how long you want to be excluded for and most importantly it is free to download, install and use.
热血传奇sf Let us be entirely upfront and transparent about this – BetBlocker is developed and paid for by ThePOGG.com who also contributed the content of this page. For this reason our opinion may not be entirely impartial. Other filtering software packages are available on the market, with various strengths and weaknesses. The primary reason for the development of BetBlocker is that so far as we know all other available filtering software packages that help you to stop gambling are fee and licensed based. Now that most people have multiple internet capable devices, buying filtering software for these devices can quickly become expensive. From experience of dealing on a regular basis with complaints from people suffering from gambling addition, we can state as a fact that one thing most gambling addicts have in common is a shortage of money.
Nevertheless, the other major gambling filtering software packages available are:
热血传奇sf No filtering software is ever going to be entirely foolproof but any tool that will make it more difficult for you to access gambling websites is a very good place to start regaining control.
After implementing a filtering tool to help you moderate your access to online gambling you may want to consider contacting some of the services listed on this page who can offer help and advice on staying in control of your gambling activities.